Situation: Trend in product development where higher quality standards with tighter material property tolerances are demanded by clients. Quality problems […]
Schwermetall-Adsorber – Development of an adsorption material for selective heavy metal removal from industrial process waters
- For the circulation of process water, dissolved heavy metals must be removed, e.g. From cooling water or washing water from electric furnace slag.
- Adsorption offers the possibility to selectively remove heavy metals at low initial concentrations (<1 mg / L) from high saline waters.
- Existing adsorbents are not designed for industrial wastewater and are too expensive.
- Product development of a low cost adsorbent based on iron hydroxide, based on the treatment of industrial effluents (solids containing, high salt content).
- Characterization of the new adsorption device and performance determination in on-site tests with industrial wastewater.
- Development of adsorption processes in the suspension reactor and fixed bed.
- Cost-effective new adsorbent with high mechanical stability for heavy metal removal, e.g. Molybdenum, vanadium, from industrial sewage water.
- New treatment process for selective heavy metal removal as a prerequisite for the circulation of industrial process waters.
- Process concepts for heavy metal removal by adsorption in the suspension reactor and in the fixed bed.