Dieses Projekt zielt darauf ab, die Schlackenverwertung aus dem Elektrostahlherstellungsprozess durch eine verbesserte Schlackenaufbereitung und die Erforschung neuer Recyclingwege zu […]
AdaptEAF – Adaptive EAF on-line control for improved energetic efficiency
- Properties of scrap used as charge material for EAF steelmaking are changing with time regarding composition, yield, energy demand etc.
- Control of chemical energy input has to be adapted heat-individually to achieve best results regarding energy consumption and metallic yield.
- Amount of the hot heel has an important effect on process performance, but is difficult to access.
Working points in the project:
- Monitoring of scrap basket filling degree and amount of hot heel by cameras with image analysis and dedicated sensors.
- Monitoring of scrap meltdown behaviour by off-gas analysis, dynamic modelling as well as vibration sensors and spectrometers.
- Development of a dynamic control for chemical energy input via burners and oxygen injectors adapted to actual scrap mix.
- Determination of optimal charging time for 2nd scrap basket.
- Balanced electrical and chemical energy inputs for optimised energetic performance.
- Maximised metallic yield of the charged materials.
- Optimised furnace practice regarding scrap charging, steel bath level and slag amount.