Initial situation: End-point control of the Oxygen Steelmaking Converter (BOF) process is mainly based on results of a static charge […]
OptiBlaFIns – Analysis of blast furnace hearth state
- bad hearth condition influences energy consumption, operational stability, hot metal quality and productivity.
- from earlier research projects offline simulation tools are available which describe the complex prozesses in the BF hearth.
- operational data interpretation.
- extended modelling of BF hearth processes.
- online application of extended BF hearth monitoring models
- diagnose and control the Dead Man state
- investigate the actual liquid and solid flow within the hearth using DEM-CFD.
- improve understanding of localized wear events in the hearth
- improve hearth drainage and prolonging hearth life
- decrease energy consumption and raise productivity