Information on Data Protection
Thank you for your interest in our website.
Your privacy is important to us. In the following, we would like to inform you about how we process personal data that is collected when visiting our website.
Responsible for this website is
VDEh-Betriebsforschungsinstitut GmbH (BFI)
D-40237 Düsseldorf, Deutschland
For further information about our company please refer to the imprint section.
2 Scope and Purpose of Data Processing
When you visit our website the browser used on your terminal device automatically sends information to the server of our website. This information is temporarily stored in a so-called log file.
The following information is recorded without your intervention:
- IP address of the requesting computer,
- date and time of access,
- name and URL of the retrieved file,
- website from which access is made (referrer URL),
- the browser used and, if applicable, the operating system of your computer as well as the name of your access provider.
The mentioned data will be processed by us for the following purposes:
- ensuring a smooth connection establishment and comfortable use of our website,
- evaluation of system security and system stability,
- ensuring security and integrity of any personal data recorded by us.
3 Data Processing for a Specific Purpose, Transfer of Data
We observe the principle of purpose limitation. All above mentioned data is processed only for the purposes explicitly stated in this information on data protection.
We do generally not transfer the personal data that is recorded when visiting our website to third parties. We do, however, use service providers for the operation of our website. It is possible that a service provider gains knowledge of personal data. We select our service providers carefully – especially with regard to data protection and data security – and take all measures required by data protection law for permitted data processing.
4 Duration of Data Storage
We observe the principles of data avoidance and data minimization. Unless required by law, we store your personal data only as long as we need it for the purposes described in this information on data protection.
5 Data Protection Officer
We have designated a data protection officer. His contact details are:
Jörg Badstübner, icast Project Sales Consulting & Services GmbH,
6 Rights of the data subject
You have the following rights:
- You have the right to information about personal data concerning you. You may contact us for information at any time.
- In the case of a request for information that is not made in writing, we ask for your understanding that we may require proof from you that you are the person you claim to be.
- Furthermore, you have the right to rectification, the right to erasure and the right to restriction of processing to the extent you are legally entitled.
- You have a right to object within statutory limitations.
- A right to data portability exists as well within statutory limitations.
7 Right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority
You are entitled to lodge a complaint regarding processing of your personal data by us with a supervisory authority for data protection.
8 Data security
We use the frequently used SSL (Secure Socket Layer) method in connection with the highest level of encryption supported by your browser. Usually this is a 256-bit encryption. If your browser does not support 256-bit encryption, we use 128-bit v3 technology instead. Whether a single page of our website is transmitted in encrypted form is indicated by the display of the closed key or lock symbol in the status bar of your browser. We also use suitable technical and organisational security measures to protect your data against accidental or intentional manipulation, partial or complete loss, destruction or unauthorised access by third parties. Our security measures are continuously improved in accordance with technological developments.
Most browsers automatically accept cookies. However, you can configure your browser in a way that cookies are not accepted or that a message appears each time a new cookie is created. However, the complete deactivation of cookies may prevent the use of all functions of our website.
10 Actuality and amendments of the information on data protection
This data protection information is dated October 20, 2020. Due to the further development of our website or due to changes in legal or administrative requirements, it may become necessary to amend this data protection information. You can access and print out the current data protection information at any time on our website at www.bfi.de/en/data-protection-declaration/.