Initial situation: The complete simulation of the complex processes in the electric arc furnace requires a previously uncontrolled numerical effort. […]
MeltCon – Melt temperature control in electric arc furnace
- Electric Arc Furnace has high demand of electrical and chemical energy.
- Precise end point control essential for energy efficient steelmaking.
- Models strongly depend on starting conditions.
- Spot measurements not meaningful in inhomogeneous melts.
- Continuous melt temperature monitoring during refining phase.
- Enhanced dynamic process control using measurement data.
- Develop strategies and model calculations for exact end point control.
- Evaluate performance of continuous measuring.
- Improve energy efficiency of EAF process.
- Avoid deviations from optimal treatment.
- Achieve tapping temperature and target analysis at same time.
- Improve working conditions.