Situation: The main requirements of wear components in hot strip mills are high resistance against: abrasive wear to increase lifetime, […]
Optimal Residual Stress Control – ORSC
- Trend in product development where higher quality standards with tighter material property tolerances are demanded by clients.
- Quality problems coupled to residual stresses.
- Traditional control approaches are working insufficiently.
- Development of a new “residual-stress-based” control concept applying
- online stress state measurement prototype for strip material,
- improved modelling approaches able to describe material behavior under loading.
- New “residual-stress-based” control concept for improved product quality regarding residual stress state and corresponding flatness
- Prediction and evaluation of residual stresses
- Basic understanding for residual stress generating mechanisms and their sources
- Knowledge about the interdependencies of internal stress evolution and their corresponding warpage/distortion of strip products
- Identification of quality relevant process and facility specific influencing parameters