Initial situation In Europe about 10 Mio.t/year of BOF slag are produced at the steelmaking. A main part is reused […]
OptiReg2 – Heat exchanger
- Poor convective heat transfer in through-passages of ceramic honeycomb bodies.
- Size heat transfer area.
- Size of the regenerators too high, space requirement at the furnace too large.
- Characterization of the heat transfer behavior of ceramic honeycomb bodies flowed through.
- Development and testing of new honeycomb body arrangements and geometries.
- Improvement of the heat transfer behavior of ceramic honeycomb bodies.
- Compact design of regenerators.
- Development of a design program for regenerators with ceramic honeycomb bodies.