Initial situation The evolution of secondary steelmaking processes and its introduction to the steelmaking plants brought about the effective production […]
OptiReg2 – Heat exchanger
- Poor convective heat transfer in through-passages of ceramic honeycomb bodies.
- Size heat transfer area.
- Size of the regenerators too high, space requirement at the furnace too large.
- Characterization of the heat transfer behavior of ceramic honeycomb bodies flowed through.
- Development and testing of new honeycomb body arrangements and geometries.
- Improvement of the heat transfer behavior of ceramic honeycomb bodies.
- Compact design of regenerators.
- Development of a design program for regenerators with ceramic honeycomb bodies.