Initial situation: Scale formation during reheating leads to material losses. Poor descalability and scale residuals lead to surface impairments and […]
PreventSecDust – Reduction of dust emissions in the furnace
- Due to the wide range of material transports, the preparation of the fluff is one of the largest dust sources in the blast furnace.
- Important knowledge about secondary emissions is missing.
- The legal requirements regarding the emissions of dust (especially fine dust) are becoming ever more severe.
- Examination of existing and development of new methods for dust suppression in laboratory and operational investigations
- Development and testing of spraying equipment
- Selection of suitable additives for dust binding
- Investigation of the effects of blasting on the blast furnace process
- CFD and DEM simulations to optimize transfer stations
- Findings on the mechanisms of secondary emission
- Improved design of transfer devices
- Devices for continuous dust monitoring and control of the spraying devices
- Guidelines for the selection and application of liquid dust binders