Background The German government aims to reduce the GHG emissions in Germany by at least 55% by 2030 and to […]
ReInvent – Reduction of greenhouse gases
- Target according to the German government’s climate protection plan: Germany to achieve greenhouse gas neutrality by 2045
- Industry generates around 20 % of greenhouse gas emissions in Germany.
- sectors of the basic industry, such as
- Steel and iron production
- Non-ferrous Industry
- Chemical Industry
- Cement Industry
- Glas Industry
- Ceramic Industry
- Refractory Industr
- emit process-related greenhouse gas emissions on a large scale.
- KlimPro – BMBF funding initiative for application-oriented R&D and implementation of Carbon Direct Avoidance (CDA) in processes in basic industries to significantly reduce CO2-emissions.
- Project objectives
- Networking of the projects with each other and with their industrial partners and sector.
- Exploit synergies of technologies and processes of the branches in the project.
- Analysis of greenhouse gas savings potentials through the KlimPro-projects.
- Site analysis of energy use and greenhouse gas emissions in the basic materials industry.
- Transfer support for the implementation of the developed technologies in the plants’ processes.
- Public relations to reinforce effectiveness of the funding measure and disseminate project results.
- Innovative approaches
- Cross-project potential analysis of processes and developments in the basic materials industry to determine the greenhouse gas savings potentials in the projects and in the sectors.
- Highlighting transformation pathways in the industries and their analogies and synergies to avoid greenhouse gases, in order to identify, drive and implement new approaches from them.
- Site analysis using a GIS analysis to determine energy needs, supply options with alternative energy sources, and emissions reductions achievable through projects.
- Potential benefits for industry
- Information flow to potential plants and companies that can benefit from results, insights and synergies across branches/industries through targeted outreach and involvement of industry experts to identify and address potentials and issues.
Funded by: Research contract with DECHEMA e.V. within the framework ReInvnt-project funding by Bundesministerium für Bildung und Forschung, project executing agency: DLR Projektträger Umwelt und Nachhaltigkeit
Term: 01.01.2022 – 31.03.2026
Link: ReInvent | Home (reinvent-klimpro.de)
LinkedIn: ReInvent-KlimPro: Overview | LinkedIn