Initial situation: The European Union set concrete targets for the reduction of greenhouse gas emissions in terms of its 2030 […]
SimulEAF – Optimization of the processes in the electric arc furnace
- The complete simulation of the complex processes in the electric arc furnace requires a previously uncontrolled numerical effort.
- The aim is to develop a comprehensive CFD model and use it to derive measures to reduce energy consumption and CO2 emissions in the production of electrical steel, as well as to improve the yield.
- Selection of appropriate and development of missing models.
- Validation of models with operating data and balance models.
- Development of measures to reduce costs, use of energy and CO2 emissions as well as to increase the output.
- CFD overall model for the electric arc furnace, which combines electromagnetic forces, energy and material transport.
- Measures to increase the yield.
- Reduction of costs, energy input and CO2 emissions.