Situation: High tribological load on circular knives, resulting in high wear. Wear of knives caused by different mechanisms, depending on […]
TriboCoat – Optimization of highly stressed sliding contacts by the use of innovative coating and surface concepts
- Frequent malfunction in the case of sliding contacts in the boundary friction regime for discontinuous movements and high loads.
- High consequential costs e.g. in continuous casting plants due to bearing damage, production shut downs, loss of quality.
- Anti-Friction-Coatings offer a wide range of advantages under these tribological conditions.
- Stress analysis
- Development of adapted Anti-Friction-Coating systems and the necessary application technology
- Constructive adaptation of the component or adaptation of the component production
- Evaluation of the coating systems / functional surfaces by means of model tests
- Modification of a test stand for the test of original bearings / conducting tests
- Field test in a continuous casting plant
- Determination of the existing stresses
- Selection of possible Anti-Friction-Coating systems according to the present surface pressure, temperature and environmental conditions
- Increasing process reliability