Situation: Häufiger Funktionsausfall bei Gleitkontakten im Grenzreibungsregime bei diskontinuierlichen Bewegungsabläufen und hohen Lasten. Hohe Folgekosten z.B. bei Stranggießanlagen durch Lagerschäden, […]
DynStir – Dynamic stirring in secondary metallurgy
- Stirring is often carried out on the basis of static pre-set parameters, without regard to the changing metallurgical specifications between one heat and the next, and only monitored manually by operators.
- This greatly limits the stability and repeatability of the stirring process as well as the possibility to adapt the process to the varying demands of individual steel heats.
- Unnecessary long stirring is also less energy efficient.
- Develop dynamic stirring policies in secondary steelmaking at different treatment stations (VD, CAS-OB, FT).
- Monitor actual stirring by imaging systems, compare it to ideal treatment according to stirring policies and advise correct stirring accordingly.
- Tailoring the stirring process to the individual need of each treated steel melt, based on metallurgical fundamentals.
- Improve energy efficiency of the ladle stirring processes while maintaining the cleanness of the final product.
- Reduced process time, reduced Ar consumption, reduced temperature loss.
- Stable process conditions by detailed monitoring of stirring processes.