Initial situation Unknown position and voidage of the dead man Uncertainty concerning liquid levels of iron and slag Hearth wear […]
Quality4.0 – Transparent product quality supervision in the age of Industry 4.0
- Progressive digitalization is changing the game of many industrial sectors.
- One of the main aspects of todays’ Industry 4.0 vision is the horizontal integration of information over complete supply chains.
- To share quality information bidirectional across company boundaries helps as well steel customers as suppliers to lower production costs, increase yield and improve identification of quality problems.
- But: To share wrong quality information may cause severe customer uncertainty and long-term damaged customer confidence, and should be avoided at all costs.
- An adaptive Quality4.0 platform will be developed realising the horizontal integration of quality information over the complete supply chain.
- This platform allows online analytics of large data streams to realise decisions on product quality and provide tailored information of high reliability that can be individually exchanged with customers.
- Within Quality4.0, innovative methods using machine learning algorithms will be developed in order to be able to model customer-relationship and automatically adapt this data exchange to the available customer and order information
This project aims to establish a new level of customer-supplier collaboration and put a common focus on the manufacturing of highest quality products in times of challenging global markets.