Initial situation: End-point control of the Oxygen Steelmaking Converter (BOF) process is mainly based on results of a static charge […]
STEBGUT – Furnace roller
- The heating of fine plates for hot-dip galvanizing and / or heat treatment takes place in continuous furnaces.
- The plates are transported through the furnaces using metal good transport rollers.
- The high furnace room temperatures of approx. 1,300 ° C. now require water cooling of these rollers.
- This results in cooling losses of approx. 300 kW per roll.
- Exact measurement-technical recording of the operating conditions of current good transport rollers.
- Development of a new material transport on the basis of further developed materials.
- Experimental investigation of the new transport role in the pilot plant.
- Operational testing of the new material transport roller at two continuous furnaces in production operation.
- Energy savings of 10-20% by reducing the energy-intensive water cooling of the material transport rollers.
- Ensuring the surface qualities and strength of the steels by means of further developed high-temperature steels.