Initial situation Process related intake of scale, formation of hardness and salting (rolling mill cooling water) or metals in pickling […]
- During re-heating of material for the production of special long products and forged screws 1 to 2 % of oxide scale is formed.
- Scale causes defects at the surfaces.
- Scale causes damages of the forming tools (rolls, dies).
- Selection of suitable coating ingredients for the production of coatings based on sol-gel technology
- Screening of different coating types in lab scale.
- Analysis of the interactions between coating and steel substrate.
- Industrial trials.
- Minimisation of scale formation at 1000 °C and reheating times of about 30 minutes of up to 30 % for the organic based pre-version.
- Implementation of the coating system into a system based on water and improvement of the efficiency of the coatings.
- Minimisation of scale formation at 1000 °C and reheating times of 60 minutes up to 100 % for the water-based system.