Situation: Achieving high surface quality of hot rolled high strength steel strip and reproducible rolling results remains challenging: Primary scale […]
ELOTOP – Influences of the electro-galvanizing process on the surface topography alterations
- The roughness of zinc coated steel flat products is a very important regarding the deep drawing properties and the paintability.
- The roughness of electro-galvanized strips is set up by a skin pass rolling process of the substrate.
- In few cases, the substrate topography is changed by electro-galvanizing more than expected. These cases need extra effort.
- Laboratory and in-plant trials to study the influences of the electro-galvanizing process on the surface topography
- Focusing on topography and steel grade of the primary material, process configuration and parameters, as well as composition of the electrolyte
- Developing of rules and models to predict the final roughness of the steel strip
- Identification of different parameters with measurable effect on roughness alteration
- Reasonably good description of roughness alteration by a multiple linear regression model
Broad knowledge base to increase process reliability