Initial situation: Scale formation during reheating leads to material losses. Poor descalability and scale residuals lead to surface impairments and […]
ROLLOILFREE – Cold rollers with oil-free lubricants
- Oil-based lubricants are state-of-the-art in cold rolling of steel and hot rolling of aluminium. 2-phase character of emulsions and associated property profile requires condition monitoring to avoid process instabilities.
- Increased effort and expenditure for care, control and losses compensation of lubricants.
- High safety and environmental standards for conventional lubricants.
- High expenses for recycling, therefore transfer to thermal recycling (down-cycling).
- Targeted development of oil-free lubricants by application of the tribological test chain
- Consideration of environmental aspects with respect to application, safety, care and recovery of aqueous oil-free lubricants.
- Testing and evaluation of an industrial implementation.
- Use of oil-free lubricants with the same or improved property profile
- Simplification of lubricant maintenance and control efforts (improved handling)
- Improvement of strip surface quality due to reduced surface contamination
- Relief of the following processes
- Reduction of operating, maintenance and recycling costs
- Saving of environmental resources
- Simplifying compliance with safety and environmental standards