Situation: Trend in product development where higher quality standards with tighter material property tolerances are demanded by clients. Quality problems […]
TopTemp – Shaft furnace analysis with acoustic gas temperature measurement
- Shaft furnaces such as blast furnaces for pig iron production are highly effective aggregates, but very complex physico-chemical interactions make their operation very demanding.
- B + D offers the measuring system SOMA for 2D acoustic gas temperature measurement in shaft furnaces. Thanks to its high spatial and temporal resolution, the measuring system already provides new information that has not yet been fully utilized during operation.
- Specification and optimization of the SOMA measurement and the processing of measured values according to the requirements of the chess furnace operation.
- Integration of operational readings into data processing.
- Development of algorithms for the assessment of the gassing and for the detection of typical operating disturbances.
- Test at an industrial plant.
- Development of the SOMA measurement system into a specific system for monitoring and analyzing chess processes.
- Development of clear added value from the results.