Ausgangssituation: In der Eisen- und Stahlindustrie gehen große Wärmemengen als Strahlung verloren. Eine Möglichkeit zur Nutzung von Strahlungswärme ist die […]
HiperScale – High performance hot rolling process through steel grade-dependent influencing of the scale formation and flexible descaling control
- Scale formation during reheating leads to material losses.
- Poor descalability and scale residuals lead to surface impairments and defects of the rolled product.
- Interrelations for scale formation and scale properties during reheating and descaling are not known properly.
- Efficiency of descaling process cannot be verified.
- Determination and implementation of a suitable scale detection and analysis system.
- General approach for controlled scale formation and descaling strategies.
- Identification, controlling and adjusting scale interfacial effects by scale conditioning coatings.
- Validation of promising new descaling techniques and optimisation of existing descaling strategies.
- Enhancement of the hot rolling process starting from the furnace conditions over descaling and post-descaling scale formation to the hot rolling itself up to the first rolling steps.
- Enhancement of product quality and productivity of hot rolling by understanding the interfacial reactions and specific application of coatings.
- Better resource efficiency of descaling process.