Situation: Tool wear occurs during cutting and forming Temperature gradients and deviations Mechanical stresses Abrasion and surface fatigue Solution: Development […]
Mikrokaltschmieden – Application of machine hammer peening on profiled rolls for wear reduction and improvement of the surface quality and dimensional stability of hot-rolled profiles
- Partially high wear rates can appear at hot rolling of profiles due to thermal and mechanical stresses.
- High mechanical abrasion and increased surface disruption at groove zones with high levels of forming.
- This leads to decreased surface quality and tolerance variations and increased groove and roll changes.
- Determination of mechanical and thermal stresses of selected profiled rolls
- Further development of the Machine Hammer Peening for the adaption on profiled rolls
- Optimisation through variation of the Machine Hammer Peening parameters for improving the roll material concerning mechanical and tribological properties
- Development and construction of an industrial prototype, including control software
- Industrial tests and verification of the effectiveness of the method
- Cost-benefit analysis for the evaluation of the potential of the method
- First implementation of the Machine Hammer Peening on profiled rolls.
- Development of a suitable method concept and industrial prototype.
- Particularly the controlling for the mechanical treatment.
- With the new method parameters the equipment and also the controlling will be able to treat critical roll zones.
- Decreasing wear, Increasing roll service life, improving surface quality.