Within the project the Pulsed Fast and Thermal Neutron Analysis (PFTNA) technology will be modified, calibrated and applied in a […]
INTEGA – Thermoelectric generators (TEG) for high temperature
- In the iron and steel industry, large amounts of heat are lost as radiation.
- One possibility for the use of radiant heat is the conversion into electricity by means of thermoelectric generators (TEG).
- There is no application for the industrial use of waste heat for the production of electricity by TEG, as there are still no major industrial modules available.
- Determination of suitable waste heat sources at SZFG.
- Laboratory tests for the development of a large TEG module.
- Development of the technical concept and simulations for the design of the demonstration system.
- Operational testing of the demonstration plant at SZFG.
- Concepts for using TEG on other industrial plants.
- Technical and economic evaluation.
- Increased plant efficiency by the energetic utilization of existing waste heat flows.
- Development of a large thermoelectric module for waste heat utilization in the steel industry and long-term testing on an industrial plant of SZFG.
- Application optimization for the industry.