Situation: Achieving high surface quality of hot rolled high strength steel strip and reproducible rolling results remains challenging: Primary scale […]
REKUKER – Ceramic heat exchanger
- Steel recuperators are limited in the application temperature.
- Ceramic recuperator burners are suitable for 1,200 ° C, but are only available for small capacities.
- Ceramic recuperator burners are not suitable for dusty atmospheres.
- Process development for the novel ceramic high-temperature recuperator.
- Material development and new joining techniques for ceramic high-temperature heat exchangers.
- Development of specific manufacturing and joining technology.
- Implementation of the new process in technical applications.
- High energy saving thanks to intensive combustion air preheating.
- Recuperative heat recovery up to the MW range.
- Recuperative combustion air preheating to 800 – 1000 ° C.
- Construction of a demonstrator and test at the 2 MW BFI own burner test facility.